Our survey highlighted the rusty and damaged state of the sanitary hoses on Molia. We will replace these all as part of our winter maintenance.
Also, it has not been possible to move the seacock for the waste holding tank discharge this season, it is probable that this will have to be replaced.
The toilet discharge sanitary hose and seacock are on the right in the photos above. Having removed the old hose we were able to ease the seacock considerably, and lubricate it. The replacement hose is 38mm sanitary hose (this length 2090mm). The jubilee clips are new 30-50mm diameter A4 stainless.
We cut the old hoses (with a saw) and removed the holding tank to get to the connections. These were completely seized on; so we had to cut through the hose carefully with a wire cutter (the hoses have a spiral wire reinforcement) and lever them off slowly with a large screwdriver. This was hard work, and quite slow, but we managed to get all the old hose detached eventually.
The seacock for the waste holding tank discharge proved to be completely stuck. We are now replacing this as well.
Work is still in progress…